So, it’s almost that time again when couples are under pressure to have a perfect evening out and singles are made to feel outcast. But really, Valentine’s Day doesn’t actually have to be like that. Instead, why not make the day an excuse to do something fun? Be it on your own or as a couple, why not liven the day up with some random activities or new experiences? Happy people are supposed to live longer after all.
Contrary Life has compiled a list of 20 unusual ideas to help give you some inspiration. From firewalks to llama walks our list includes something for everyone, whether you are romantically involved or happily carefree…
- Party in a Poison Garden or enjoy looking at the hand-sculpted lanterns at Alnwick Gardens.
- Trek around the Surrey hills with a Llama (and in case three’s a crowd enjoy a romantic stop-off at a 16th Century pub too).
- Walk over hot coals for the one you love in Bury St Edmunds with a charity firewalk.
- Take a trip to a dungeon and feast yourself silly at Warwick Castle.
- Take afternoon tea in style on the Bluebell Railway.
- Enjoy a violent sketch show at the Belmont Hotel in Leicestershire.
- Crack out a canoe with a special Valentine’s tour paddling in the heart of the New Forest or on the River Lagan in Belfast.
- See an inappropriate film like How to Murder Your Wife at Bristol’s Folk House.
- Learn more about the heart with some science chat at Oxford’s Cafe Scientifique.
- Fall head over wheels for cycling with Love Your Bike Day activities in Wythenshawe.
- Sail the Leeds & Liverpool Canal with a glass of wine or two.
- Declare your love to an animal at Colchester Zoo.
- Run for love…and charity in Cardiff, Manchester or London.
- See mountains in a different light, the moonlight that is, with a night-time walk.
- Or take a more in-depth look at the sky and let the stars serenade your evening.
- Dance like a dandy at the Museum of London with their Pleasure garden ball.
- Discover a hidden world in Newcastle.
- Learn about the history of Valentines and make a love potion.
- Do you have a heart of glass? Nope? Well how about making one?
- Or finally, how about joining the Wacky Races?
So, what are you waiting for?