When: 29th September – 1st October 2011
Where: The Bicycle Shop, St. Benedict’s Street, Norwich (as part of the Norwich Sound and Vision Festival).
£: 5 (Wristbands are also available for all Norwich Sound and Vision Festival shows and for the whole festival from www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk).
What is it?
Independent folk/alternative label Dustbowl Records present three nights of music as part of this year’s Norwich Sound and Vision Festival. The boutique label curates The Bicycle Shop on St. Benedict’s Street, a quirky and intimate space known for its bohemian and artisan clientele.
Norwich Sound and Vision Festival, now in its second year, is a festival similar in style to The Great Escape and South By Southwest. It presents conferences, networking events and showcase gigs highlighting the UK’s best upcoming talent in music and film.
The Dustbowl Records lineup at The Bicycle Shop:
– Laish (www.laishmusic.wordpress.com)
– Grenouilles (www.facebook.com/grenouillesmusic)
– Bella Spinks (www.facebook.com/bellaspinks)
– Alex Ross (www.myspace.com/thissweetresonance)
– Holly Lerski Band (www.hollylerski.com)
– Jay Leighton (www.jayleighton.com)
– Helsinki Wins (www.myspace.com/helsinkiwins)
– Georgios Hadji (www.facebook.com/georgios.hadji)
– Ellen and the Escapades (www.ellenandtheescapades.com)
– Takeda (www.facebook.com/takedamusic)
– Ethan Ash (www.facebook.com/ethanashmusic)
– The Woodland Creatures (www.reverbnation.com/thewoodlandcreatures)
More info: Dustbowl Records on Facebook. In addition to its lineup, Dustbowl Records have a special festival mixtape featuring all of this year’s Bicycle Shop artists plus a few friends and special guests. This mixtape is available via www.soundcloud.com and includes 100 free downloads via the link.